11th and 12th February 2020.
VENUE: The Park Inn by Radisson, North Street, York YO1 6JF
The proposed programme is as follows but not necessarily in the order laid out and is subject to change:
Tuesday 11th February
- Dr Sam Cook – Rothamsted Research
- Richard Thompson – Organic Farming at York Grounds
- Brewster Brothers – Mob-Grazing
- Dr Anna Krzywoszynska – Becoming soil farmers: what forms of knowledge are needed to progress to sustainable soil management?
- Steve Lear – Starting the CA journey.
- Julian Gold – Winner of SFOY. Toil, Tears, Tantrums and Triumphs: Some reflections on my regenerative ag. Journey
- Gary Markham – Benchmarking – Groundswell & BASE
- Roger Dixon-Spain – after dinner speaker.
Wednesday 12th February
- Professor Adrian Newton – Resilient cropping systems: some ingredients
- George Sly
- Edward Dicken – Regenerative Wheat
- Guy Thallon – Introducing the Big Soil Community – Big data, Soil biodiversity and Communities of farmers, scientists, bacteria, fungi and nematodes.
- Adam Driver – Transitioning to Regenerative Agriculture on CFA’s and FBT’s
- Dr Lea Herold – PGRO
Attached is the programme for the event:
COST: ENTRY BY TICKET ONLY.
BASE UK Members: 1 day only – £70 Both days – £120.
NON-BASE-UK Members: 1 day only – £250 Both days – £300.
Dinner on Tuesday evening is included whether you are there for 1 day or both, so please indicate if you will be dining when booking. If you are unable to attend on Tuesday during the day but can get to hotel for dinner, we would be delighted if you can join us – a pre-dinner drink is included from 7.15 pm and dinner will be served at 7.45 pm. Dinner is 3 courses followed by cheese and coffee with wine on the table to start the meal.
ACCOMMODATION – TO BE BOOKED DIRECTLY BY YOU WITH THE PARK INN BY RADISSON HOTEL – SEE DETAILS BELOW:
Accommodation is available at The Park Inn By Radisson from Monday 10th to Wednesday 12th February at a bed and breakfast rate of:
- £95/night/room for single occupancy.
- £105/night/room for double occupancy.
PLEASE DO NOT BOOK THROUGH THE INTERNET OR CENTRAL RESERVATIONS AS THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ALLOCATE YOU TO THE BASE-UK BOOKING LIST. Please telephone 01904 459933 and state that you are attending the BASE-UK conference. If you are a member of Radisson Rewards, please provide your membership number when booking. Please do not forget to book into the conference with me when you book your bedroom!
BOOKING: To book your place please email me on email@example.com confirming:
- Full name(s) of those attending, stating if a BASE UK Member(subscription must be paid before booking) or not.
- Days being attended – Tuesday / Wednesday or both?
- Confirm if you are attending the AGM Dinner and the menu details will be sent for you to select.
We very much look forward to seeing you at the AGM. As ever, if you have any questions regarding this event, please do not hesitate to contact Rebecca.