Posted January, 29th, 2014
If you are coming then booking a place is strictly by e-mail / contact form on this site
Annual General Meeting
The Council Chamber, Arthur Rank Centre, Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire, CV8 2LG
13th February 2014
9.30 Coffee & registration
10.00 Start – AGM
1. Election of Chairman
2. Election of Secretary
3. Election of Committee Members
4. Amendments to the Articles of Association (see below)
10.30 Mike Harrington, Edaphos Ltd – Biological Agronomy
11.30 Marek Nowakowski, Wildlife Farming Company – What future for farmland wildlife?
12.30 Lunch & refreshments – at £10 per head (£20 per guest)
1.30 Dr Nicky Cannon, Royal Agricultural College – Insight into her research work on bi-cropping & leguminous under cropping within various tillage regimes
2.30 Richard Harding, Procam – A week in North America on farm tours with Frederic Thomas!!
3.30 Discussion & Close
Articles of Association – proposed amendments
1. The BASE-UK year be changed from 1/3 -28/2 to the calendar year 1/1 – 31/12.
If this is adopted by the members then annual subscriptions for existing members would be £90 for the year 2014. New members would stay at £120 per year
2. A new category of membership to be formed called ‘Associate Member’ and would be open only to employees/relations of full farmer members.
Associate Members would be able to join at a reduced rate of 50% of full membership, which would currently be £60. Associate Members would not have any voting rights and would not count towards the requirement for membership to be made from 80% farmer members.
If a farmer member’s membership ends then the associate member’s membership attached to this full member automatically ends as well
It is the full member’s responsibility to pay the associate members membership fees
3. Another new membership category called ‘student membership’ to be formed which
would be charged at £20 per year. This membership category would not
have any voting rights or count towards the ‘Farmer Member’ 80% requirement
4. It is proposed that a relaxation regarding the level of fees charged to guests at
‘formal’ conference type meetings should be given and that the organiser/s of such meetings being empowered to fix the cost to guest’s at their own discretion.